LABORATORY OF ELECTROCHEMICAL TECHNOLOGIES
PROJECT BG05M2OP001-1.001-0008 | NATIONAL CENTER OF MECHATRONICS AND CLEAN TECHNOLOGIES
Assoc. Prof. Plamen Nikolov, PhD (Institute of Electrochemistry and Еnergy Systems – BAS)
тел: +350 (2) 979 27 12
Assist. Prof. Dr. Mariya Kalapsazova (Institute of General and Inorganic Chemistry – BAS)
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
тел: +359 (2) 979 3904
The laboratory is a joint scientific structure which includes researchers from the Institute of Electrochemistry and Energy Systems and the Institute of General and Inorganic Chemistry at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences. The laboratory staff performs fundamental and applied research studies using current state-of-the-art methods for electrochemical synthesis, electrochemical testing and characterization of materials for energy storage applications and electrocatalysis. His activity is also focused on physicochemical tests of materials for electrochemical energy storage / conversion systems, mainly for lithium-ion batteries, post-lithium-ion batteries and supercapacitors. Potential partners and clients of the laboratory can be research teams in the country and abroad with similar scientific interests, as well as companies with applied activity in the field.
- Potentiostats Gamry Interface 5000 E and Interface 1000 E with interlock operation;
- High resolution and accuracy of the applied current ±5 А and potential ±11 V;
- Electrochemical impedance spectroscopy with frequency of up to 2 MHz and signal amplitude of up to 3 V or 5 А;
- Photoelectrochemical measurements station (bench) with optically shielded cage, white and UV light sources (with frequency up to 1 MHz) and photo diode.
POTENTIOSTAT/GALVANOSTAT SYSTEM WITH FREQUENCY RESPONSE ANALYZER EQUIPPED WITH QUARTZ CRYSTAL MICRO BALANCE
- Gamry Reference 3000 АЕ Potentiostat with Reference 30к booster capable to work with 2, 3 and 4 terminal electrochemical cells or small footprint batteries;
- High resolution and accuracy of the applied current ±3 А and potential ±32 V, with 8 additional channels for voltage measurements. Current boosting up to 30A and voltage from -2V to 20V;
- Electrochemical impedance spectroscopy with frequency up to 1 MHz and signal amplitude of up to 3 V or 5 А;
- Gamry eQCM 10M quartz crystal microbalance with resonator frequency up to 1 MHz and capability to measure weight changes with resolution of 1 ng cm-2 during various electrode electrochemical polarization regimes;
- Electrochemical test cell with thermostat jacket fitting the quartz crystal resonator.
BIPOTENTIOSTAT WITH ROTATING DISK AND ROTAING RING-DISK ELECTRODE
- Gamry Reference 600+ bipotentiostat for concurrent studies with two working electrodes capable to connect test cells with 2, 3, 4 or 5 terminals;
- High resolution and accuracy of the applied current ±0.6 А and potential ±11 V and time base below to 5 µs;
- Electrochemical impedance spectroscopy with frequency up to 5 MHz and signal amplitude of up to 3 V or 0.6 А;
- Electrode rotator featuring the ability to use rotating ring-disk and disk electrodes with adjustable rotating rate up to 10 000 rmp and accompanying tools and accessories.