LABORATORY SPECTRAL INTERFEROMETRY
PROJECT BG05M2OP001-1.001-0008 | NATIONAL CENTER OF MECHATRONICS AND CLEAN TECHNOLOGIES
Manager: Assoc. Prof. Violeta Madjarova, PhD (IOMT-BAS)
The laboratory conducts research based on optical methods for obtaining tomographic (3D) images of soft tissues and multilayer structures and for determining optical parameters and thickness from measured spectra. Potential partners and clients of the laboratory can be research groups that have similar research interest, for example in novel optical biomedical diagnostic, material thickness measurements, tomographic imaging, etc.
The laboratory conducts tomographic imaging of various soft tissues and multilayer structures, and for determining optical parameters and thickness from measured spectra.
SPECTROMETER + reflection probe + software + white-light source
Characteristics: Company – Ocean Insight, Model: FLAME-S-VIS-NIR, Reflection probe R200-7-VIS-NIR, Software OCEANVIEW; White-light source – Company: Ocean Insight, Model: HL-2000-LL
- Spectral range of detector 190 – 1100 nm;
- Slit size 25 μm x 1 mm;
- Integration time 1 ms – 65s;
- Reflection probe for wavelength range 400 – 2100 nm;
- Software for recording and processing of spectrograms;
- White-light source at 360 – 2400 nm and output power up to 7 W.
SYSTEM FOR OPTICAL COHERENCE TOMOGRAPHY
Characteristics: Company – OPTORES GmbH, Model – OMES Optores Megahertz OCT System
- 2D and 3D volume data and live 3D viewing
- Central wavelength 1309 nm;
- FWHM – 100 nm;
- Lateral resolution (air) 30 μm or 40 μm;
- Axial resolution (air) 17 μm;
- Field of view 10 mm x 10 mm;
- Imaging depth rage up to 5 mm, depending on the sample;
- Software for recording and processing of 2D and 3D data.
OPTICAL POWER METER + SENSOR
Characteristics: Company – Ophir Optronics, Model – StarLite + sensor PD300-IR
- Photodiode sensor for optical range λ = 700 – 1800 nm and measured power <300mW;
- Power resolution 0.01 nW.
SPLICER FOR OPTICAL FIBERS
Characteristics: Company – Fujikura, model FSM-31S
- For splicing of fibers SMF (G.652/657), MMF (G.651), DSF (G.653), NZDSF (G.655);
- Cladding diameter 125μm;
- Cleave length from 5 to 16 mm;
- Typical splice loss 0.05 dB (SM), 0.02 dB (MM), 0.08 dB (DS) и 0.08 dB (NZDS);
- Typical splice time from 6 sec to 9 sec;
- Viewing method – 2 axis CMOS camera with 5’’ color LCD display and magnification of 132x;
- Electrode life – 5000 splices.